Riverton Elko Chevrolet Buick GMC Service Technician in Reno, Nevada
Riverton has been in business since 1922, and has served the Elko area in Nevada since 2001. We're a family-oriented organization, offering our employees work life balance, a fun work environment, and competitive pay packages. We're deeply embedded in our community and support numerous local organizations and sports teams.
We're always looking for qualified, enthusiastic individuals to join our team. If you're interested in working for us, we'd love to meet you!
What We Offer
Medical, dental, and vision insurance
Opportunities for advancement
Work life balance
Competitive pay plans
Relocation bonus, housting assistance, and sign-on bonus when applicable
* Perform work specified on the repair order with efficiency and in accordance with dealership.
* Test-drive vehicles, and test components and systems, using diagnostic tools and special service equipment.
* Diagnose, maintain, and repair vehicle automotive systems including engine, transmission, electrical steering, suspension, brakes, air conditioning, etc.
* Communicate directly with the Service Advisor so that customers are informed if any additional service is needed. Provide an estimate of time needed for additional repairs.
* Execute repairs under warranty to manufacturer specifications.
* 2+ years of Service Technician experience preferred, but not required
* High school diploma or equivalent, ASE Certification preferred
* B level qualifications, including Diagnostic, Electrical and Engine Repair
* Dexterity, requiring a steady hand, excellent hand-eye coordination
* Mechanical and troubleshooting skills and ability to operate electronic diagnostic equipment
* Excellent customer service skills and basic computer competencies
* Positive, friendly attitude, along with an eagerness to improve
* Enjoy working in a dynamic environment
* Teammate with ability to collaborate with others effectively
* Ability to learn new technology, repair and service procedures and specifications
* Valid driver's license and clean driving record
We are an equal opportunity employer and prohibit discrimination/harassment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.