Renown Health Senior Financial Analyst in Reno, Nevada
Senior Financial Analyst
Requisition id: 156398
Department: 530804 Other Administration
Facility: Renown Medical Group (Reno)
Schedule: Full Time
Under the general direction of Financial leadership in partnership with other Finance Teams and working with other leaders throughout the organization, this position prepares financial reports and analyses and supports the Director in the preparation of the annual capital and operating budget. Through these duties, the analyst is expected to identify opportunities for cost-savings, or revenue enhancing opportunities, in the day-to-day operations of the facility and for presenting those opportunities in a clear concise manner to various stakeholders throughout the organization. In addition, this position prepares, organizes and conducts financial workshops and performance reviews both to individuals and in larger group settings. The position will be flexible as to what specific duties are performed in support of the Director.
Nature and Scope
This position is responsible for independently organizing, analyzing and presenting data to the organization’s finance and strategic planning functions and serving as support to the Director.
This position is responsible for the completion and management of accurate, timely and objective financial results and analyses in all projects assigned. Included in these projects are ongoing and ad hoc financial analysis, financial statement reporting and pro formas to provide financial information for decision-making with a focus on cost management, revenue enhancement and benchmarking comparisons. This position has frequent contact with all levels of management, employees and external clients providing both an advisory and ongoing training and support service in the use of financial data.
The incumbent also independently performs complex research and financial project analysis, complex spreadsheets and presentations. Supports assigned Administrators with various initiatives, organizational strategic goals, financial metrics, reports and analyses and provides interpretation of findings.
The incumbent must exude effective organizational and communication skills. Additionally, the incumbent must be a demonstrated self-starter who can work independently on solving complex business problems with minimal guidance, direction and supervision.
This position will provide monthly reports to accounting on strict month end deadline related to various financial areas. Assist in completion of monthly performance review packets and other presentation material to Director and Divisional CFO. Provide input into the budget process regarding operating changes. Completes and oversees pro formas in partnership with Operational Leaders for new or expanded services in alignment with the standard Renown pro forma process.
Position may beresponsible for one or more of the following within respective Division;annual benchmarking data submittal, interprets reimbursement impact, cost accounting and oversee monthly contractual and bad debt reserves.
The major challenges in this position are working with management at all levels in order to provide timely and accurate financial reports, analyses, budgets, and projections. The incumbent must be capable of and comfortable with shifting priorities as information and organizational needs change. The position is challenged with providing continuous communication regarding the financial requests.
This position will have access to proprietary information. This mandates high standards of professionalism, communications, performance, and respect for confidentiality.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
· Strong communication, organizational, analytical, critical thinking and problem solving skills.
· Ability to plan, maintain priorities and schedules to ensure deadlines are met.
· Detail-oriented with a high degree of accuracy.
· Strong ability to effectively use different reporting tools to extract and organize data and assemble reports using data compiled from various information sources.
· Highly skilled with spreadsheet and database applications.
· Proven administrative ability.
· Strong presentation skills and the ability to speak in front of larger groups.
· Strong interpersonal skills to create a positive work environment.
· Problem solving skills to identify, research and solve a wide range of work related problems: e.g., time management, work assignments, etc. Knowledge of collaborative practice to allow for effective interaction with physicians and other health care professionals.
· Maintains effective working relationships with employees, medical staff leaders, administration and legal counsel.
· Demonstrated ability to think globally, formulate business strategies, creates action plans, influence outcomes, and drive results.
· Excellent people skills and ability to work with diverse individuals in a complex organization and establish strong, cooperative working relationships. Exceptional financial analytical skills.
· Excellent problem solving skills including the ability to identify trends and business opportunities and create recommendations.
· Demonstrated ability to create and/or facilitate development of business plans and financial pro formas.
· Skilled in developing presentations for executives and boards.
· Strong project management skills including experience managing large projects and influencing change.
· Strong knowledge of market competitors, industry trends and financing, state and federal regulations including Medicare and Medicaid conditions and payment systems.
· Ability to work under pressure and with minimal supervision while providing excellent results.
This position does not provide patient care.
The foregoing description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills and efforts or work conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be an accurate reflection of the general nature and level of the job.
Minimum QualificationsRequirements – Required and/or Preferred
Must have working-level knowledge of the English language, including reading, writing and speaking English. Master’s degree in Accounting, Business Administration or Finance from an accredited college or university (Master’s is preferred).
Minimum three years in a healthcare financial planning role with a focus in budgeting, cost management, business case development within an integrated health system. Or minimum five years in a non-healthcare finance, accounting or similar role.
Computer / Typing:
Must be proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, including Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel, Access and Word. Must have the ability to use the computer to complete online learning requirements for job-specific competencies, access online forms and policies, complete online benefits enrollment, etc.