Newell Brands Receiving Associate/Driver in Reno, Nevada
Position Title: Receiving Associate/Driver
Reports to: Receiving Supervisor
Location: Reno, Nevada
The Receiving Associate performs all core receiving functions on a rotating basis, including but not limited to stocking, case pulls, loading/unloading trucks, labeling, and storing finished goods. Additional responsibilities could include data entry and audits.
• Accurate stocking of inventory into assigned active pick locations.
• Accurate stocking of inventory into High Rack reserve.
• Organized loading/unloading of shipment containers and trucks.
• Accurate verification of received goods vs. shipment documents (arrival notices, packing lists)
• Accurate Deconsolidation of mixed inbound products.
• Must be able to meet and maintain productivity standards.
• Identifying and reporting discrepancies to the Operations Manager or Receiving Supervisor
• Labeling and sorting of goods to prepare them for receipt
• Package and Inbound Delivery inspection
• Random audits of parcel shipments (UPS,FEDEX,USPS)
• Open and clear communication is key to a successful and comfortable work environment. It is every employee’s responsibility to communicate with their supervisor or manager when issues arise within the scope of their task or assignment. If an employee has questions or is unsure of what is being asked of them, it is the employee’s responsibility to ask for clarification
• Must exude a willingness to work in any department in the DC as necessary (Picking, VAS, QC, Packing)
• Must maintain a professional attitude at all times
• Must maintain productivity standards at all times
• Must maintain a clean and safe work environment
• Follows all safety procedures and report safety infractions
• Participation in the annual Physical Inventory counts
• Housekeeping responsibilities as assigned by Operations Manager or Receiving Supervisor
• Ability to work effectively in a team environment
• Flexibility in a changing work environment
• Excellent attendance and punctuality is expected
• High School diploma or equivalent
• A minimum of 6 months to 1-year experience in distribution functions
• Basic problem solving skills
• Good organization skills
• Good verbal and written communications skills
• Basic computer skills (Windows/Excel)
• Willing to be certified and operate equipment such as Stock Pickers, Fork Lifts, Electric Pallet Jacks and Reach Trucks
Newell Brands (NASDAQ: NWL) is a leading global consumer goods company with a strong portfolio of well-known brands, including Paper Mate, Sharpie, Dymo, EXPO, Parker, Elmers, Coleman, Marmot, Oster, Sunbeam, FoodSaver, Mr. Coffee, Graco, Baby Jogger, NUK, Calphalon, Rubbermaid, Contigo, First Alert and Yankee Candle. For hundreds of millions of consumers, Newell Brands makes life better every day, where they live, learn, work and play. Newell Brands and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and comply with applicable employment laws. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled are encouraged to apply.
Newell Brands is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We provide all employees and applicants for employment with equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship, immigration status, marital status, military status, any covered veteran status, disability status, genetic information, caregiving responsibilities or any other basis prohibited by law.
- Newell Brands Jobs