Grand Sierra Resort and Casino Front Desk Agent in Reno, Nevada
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Organize, confirm and process guest check-ins/check-outs and adapt for any changes
- Secure payment, verifying and adjusting billing as needed
- Perform tasks such as answering phones, maintain a cash drawer, operate office equipment
- Use computer system to make reservations, check-in and check-out hotel guests, process payments
- Maintains current knowledge/familiarity with all hotel services/features and local attractions to respond to guest inquiries.
- Provide highest level of service by anticipating, listening attentively, and responding promptly to guests’ needs
- Post and balance room charges to guest’s accounts in order to keep these accounts current and correct at all times.
- Ensure guest and hotel safety by knowing all safety, security and emergency procedures
- Promptly handle guest service requests and guest complaints to meet and exceed guest expectations
- Complete cashier and closing reports, counting the bank at the end of each shift securely
- Make constant contact with both internal and external customers to provide optimal guest service. This includes contact with various hotel departments in an effort to provide/obtain pertinent information needed to ensure proper guest service is provided.
- Communicate any emergency, lost item or theft to proper security staff and/or authorities
Previous hotel reservation experience required. At least 6 months of guest service experience. 2 years minimum practical experience; any combination of education, training, or experience that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
Any combination of education, training, or experience that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
Excellent communication skills both written and oral. Must possess interpersonal skills to deal effectively with business contacts and employees at all levels of the company. Must possess a strong attention to detail and presentation skills.
Results oriented, hands-on professional with the ability to deal effectively and interact well with the customers and employees. Must have the ability to resolve problems/conflicts in a diplomatic and tactful manner.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, percent, and to create and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions through decisive judgment. Ability to interpret and follow through on a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATION
Must obtain and maintain appropriate licensing with the Nevada Gaming Board and Alcohol Awareness Card .
Must be a minimum of 21 years of age. Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Products: Word, Power Point, Publisher, Outlook; expert in Excel. Flexible to work all shifts including holidays, nights, weekend hours and overtime as business needs dictate. Preferred to have knowledge of hotel based systems- AS400, Passkey, and Delphi).
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee: must be able to maintain physical stamina and proper mental attitude to work under pressure in a fast-paced, casino environment and effectively deal with customers, management, employees and others. Is regularlyrequired to sit; stand; walk and move through all areas of the casino; speak and hear; use hands to finger, handle, or feel. May reach with hands and arms above shoulder level; bend/stoop, squat, balance, kneel, lift and push/pull. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance visions, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Department: GSR - Front Desk
Company: Grand Sierra Resort and Casino
Age Requirement: Must be 18 years or Over
# of openings: 1