SMG Engineer in Reno, Nevada
ASM Global, the leader in privately managed public assembly facilities, has an excellent and immediate opening for the Engineer for ASM Global Reno-Sparks Convention Center, National Bowling Stadium, Reno Events Center and Reno-Sparks Livestock Event Center. Duties include a variety of skilled work including installation, remodeling, repair, alteration, and maintenance of electrical, heating, ventilating, air conditioning, and plumbing systems; carpentry; and the preparation of surfaces for painting and the mixing, application, and removal of paints.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Operate, monitor, repair and maintain the facility's, environmental controls, emergency power, electrical, HVAC and lighting systems as required for the safe and efficient operation of the facility.
- Repair and rebuild various items such as motors, compressors and ice machines.
- Follow the preventive maintenance program, energy management program and standard operating procedures for all machinery and equipment.
- Perform repairs and maintenance tasks such as painting, wall repair, patching, re-lamping, replacing ceiling tiles, filters and belts as required.
- Record and log all work performed, complete work order slips and compile all required reports in a timely and complete manner.
- Assist other Operation Department divisions to expedite event conversions as needed.
- Promote a safe working environment for all employees by following the life safety and emergency program as needed.
- Read and interpret performance charts and control panels to evaluate the efficiency of each system.
- May occasionally have to enter areas where fumes, airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals are present.
- Respond to routine, precautionary and emergency alarms from building automation and life safety systems.
- Work extended and/or irregular hours including nights, weekends and holidays as needed.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- High school diploma or G.E.D. and three (4) years full-time experience at a facility; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- EPA certified refrigeration/HVAC preferred.
- Some technical support school or advanced electrical or refrigeration courses preferred.
Skills and Abilities
- Understand the methods, principles and practices required for the operation and maintenance of the mechanical and electrical systems. Properly use all equipment needed to perform required duties.
- Be familiar with operational procedures, facility capabilities, industry terminology, event-related services and technical requirements for the types of events anticipated at the facility.
- Know general techniques in plumbing, electrical wiring and ventilating systems to be able to assist the HVAC and Electrical technicians as needed.
- Have basic understanding of door hardware, locks, key machine, door closers, etc.
- Possess any licenses, certificates or training required by local, state or national authorities for the operation of the equipment found in the facility.
- Read and comprehend blueprints, drawings and other related materials.
- Follow and adhere to all safety precautions, building codes, rules, regulations, risk management and emergency procedures.
- Meet the physical demands of this job, which include being able to get in and around the facility (requires personal mobility), lifting, carrying, moving, climbing, working from various heights, and moderate to loud noises.
- Operate equipment such as light trucks, pallet jacks, forklifts, scrubbing machines or other light power-driven equipment.
- Operate monitoring controls; personal computer (light use) using Windows 2000, Word, Excel; and other related standard office equipment.
- Follow oral and written instructions and communicate effectively with others in both oral and written form.
- Organize and prioritize work to meet deadlines.
- Work effectively under pressure and/or stringent schedule and produce accurate results.
- Work independently, exercising judgment and initiative.
- Maintain an effective working relationship with clients, employees, exhibitors, patrons and others encountered in the course of employment.
- Be licensed and insured to operate a motor vehicle in the United States.
- Remain flexible and adjust to situations as they occur.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have basic computer knowledge and the ability to use Windows, Word, Excel, Outlook and other standard office equipment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to move around the facility; to stand for long hours during events; talk and hear. This position may require work inside or outside of the building, as needed by events.
- Position requires walking and standing regularly
- Daily lifting and carrying up to 20-50 lbs up to 10 minutes at a time
- Constant reaching, standing, walking and stooping
- Performing work through repetitive eye/hand coordination
- Noise level in the work environment is usually moderate
- Irregular hours dictated by events
- Must be able to balance and have good manual dexterity
The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
Apply online or by sending a copy of your updated cover letter and resume to:
ASM Global -- Reno-Sparks Convention Center
4590 S. Virginia St.
Reno, NV 89502
Applicants that need reasonable accommodations to complete the application process may contact (775) 229-7548.
ASM GLOBAL is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled