SMG Concessions Supervisor in Reno, Nevada
SMG, the leader in privately managed public assembly facilities, has an excellent and immediate opening for the Concessions Supervisor position for SMG/Savor. Savor... is proud to be the exclusive Food & Beverage provider at the Reno-Sparks Convention Center, National Bowling Stadium, Reno Events Center and the Reno Livestock Events Center. Responsible for managing concessions operations in the facility during events and training concession employees on the best practices in the preparation and service of food and refreshments.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Supervises the concessions employees in the preparation and service of food and refreshments, as well as clean-up
- Assists in the training of concessions employees engaged in the preparing and cooking foods to ensure high quality, efficient and profitable food service
- Directs storage, preparation, and serving of refreshments by other workers at refreshment stand or circulating throughout audience
- Tabulates receipts and balances accounts
- Inventories supplies on hand at end of each day or other designated period
- Works within guidelines for food and labor costs and laws
Directly supervises all employees in concessions. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with SMG's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include training employees; directing work; appraising performance; rewarding employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- 1 to 2 years related experience and/or training
- Quest Point of Sale experience preferred
- Previous leadership experience in a similar venue
Skills and Abilities
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal skills
- Ability to function in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment
- Ability to train workers in preparation and cooking of foods to ensure high quality, efficient and profitable food service
- Ability to manage several direct reports
To perform this job successfully, an individual should be proficient In Word and Excel.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Alcohol Awareness Certification
- Food Handlers Certification preferred
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to move around the facility; to stand for long hours during events; talk and hear. This position may require work inside or outside of the building, as needed by events. Ability to reach, bend, stoop, wipe, push, pull.
The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
Please apply online at https://recruiting.adp.com/srccar/public/RTI.home?c=1152751&d=ExternalCareerSite or send your updated resume and cover letter to:
SMG -- Reno-Sparks Convention Center
4590 S. Virginia St.
Reno, NV 89502
Applicants that need reasonable accommodations to complete the application process may contact (775) 827-7748.
SMG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled