WestCare Careers in Pahrump, Nevada
In general, the Research Assistant will serve as a member of the Research and Evaluation team for all activities affiliated with the implementation of the Research and Evaluation plan of WestCare. Must have familiarity with various cultural groups, of various socio-economic groups, and knowledge of adolescent developmental characteristics. Bilingual preferred.
Essential Job Functions:
- Serve as a member of the Research and Evaluation Team;
- Collect baseline, discharge, and follow-up data on clients;
- Administer and Score assessment instruments;
- Develop basic statistical databases;
- Enter client data in the clinical, federal, state and statistical database as required;
- Monitor quantitative and qualitative data collection processes;
- Coordinate the compilation and management of data;
- Maintain a tracking and follow-up log for all clients;
- Engage and build rapport with all clients to assist with tracking and follow-up;
- Conduct chart audits for evaluation purposes;
- Administer Client Perception Surveys;
- Conduct client and/or staff Focus Groups;
- Maintain a Research and Evaluation file for each client;
- Conduct basic statistical analyses;
- Produce reports or assist in the development of reports as required by the Senior Scientist of Evaluation and Outcomes or the Regional Director of Evaluation and Quality;
- Produce reports for the Program Director and/or Regional Vice President;
- Provide feedback to the Program Director and/or Regional Vice President regarding attainment of goals and objectives as well as data collection;
- Assist Program Director or Regional Vice President with Performance Improvement activities;
- Conduct literature searches via the Internet and World Wide Web;
- Embrace and embody the mission, vision, guiding principles, clinical vision and goals of WestCare Foundation; and
- Perform any other duties as assigned.
- One (1) year equivalent experience in evaluation and/or research.
- Ability to apply advanced mathematical concepts such as frequency distribution, determination of test reliability and validity, analysis or variance, correlation techniques, sampling theory, and factor analysis.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret and extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Ability to qualify for WestCare vehicle insurance;
- Ability to pass criminal background investigation; and
- CPR Certification, First Aid Certification and an Annual Tuberculosis test.
- Bachelor Degree (Behavioral Health related)
- Must be willing to work flexible hours (evenings and weekends) to accommodate the work and school schedules of the clients
- Must be willing to work in the field and to go to schools, job sites, client homes, etc. to collect required follow-up and evaluation data
- The normal work routine involves no exposure to blood, body fluids, or tissues, BUT exposure or potential exposure may be required as a condition of employment. Appropriate personal protective equipment will be readily available to every employee engaged in Category II tasks;
- Occasional lifting of more than 10 pounds;
- Transportation of clients in company vehicle;
- Occasional risk of intensive physical activity with clients; and
- Sitting, standing, walking, reaching are performed in the normal course of the position.
Job Location: Pahrump - 1161 S Loop B - Pahrump, NV
Salary Range: $35,000.00 - $35,000.00 Salary/year
Job Category: Nonprofit - Social Services