Black & Veatch Manager, Distributed Infrastructure Asset Management/Independent Assessment Novel Tech (Bankability) in Carson City, Nevada
Manager, Distributed Infrastructure Asset Management/Independent Assessment Novel Tech (Bankability)
We believe real value is powered by the unique skills and experiences of our professionals. The interchange of ideas from a diverse group of people gives our teams an expanded perspective and the ability to find better solutions for our clients.
Company : Black & Veatch Mgmt Consulting
Req Id : 33434
Job Title : Manager, Distributed Infrastructure Asset Management/Independent Assessment Novel Tech (Bankability)
Location : USVRTL
Business Unit Sector : MCD-MCD-INFRASTRUCTURE MODERN
Opportunity Type : Staff
Relocation eligible : No
Full time/Part time : Full-Time
Project Only Hire : No
Visa Sponsorship Available: No
The primary purpose of this position is to contribute to distributed infrastructure asset management (DIAM) projects and independent assessments (IA) of multiple types of new technologies, products and processes in the energy or water sectors. Distributed infrastructure (DI) assets include solar photovoltaics (PV), energy storage, electric vehicle (EV) charging, distributed generation and any combination of these as microgrids.
DIAM services encompass, among others, monitoring and diagnostics, operations and maintenance (O&M), corrective maintenance, data analytics, billing services, asset performance enhancements, technology assessments, engineering services, and risk management solutions,
IA services entail developing an unbiased evaluation of a new technology, product or process before it is put into service. An IA involves assessing the new technology’s design, performance and reliability, manufacturing technology, installation, operations and maintenance. The IA also involves reviewing the company that is providing the technology.
This manager role will provide technical or industry knowledge to contribute to the completion of multiple engagement phases. Managers are expected to demonstrate capabilities with a moderate level of oversight and collaboration with more senior level professionals. Managers may be expected to delegate team work assignments through various phases of an engagement and manage projects from sales prospect through completion of client deliverables. This position will also have responsibilities in the development of new business in the area of DIAM and IA of novel technologies.
Playing a key role on a team of engineers and consultants, the manager will be expected to define the scope of work of the DIAM project or IA, develop technical documentation, collect and analyze data, conduct site visits, develop DIAM and IA reports, develop and maintain client contacts, and develop overall project management responsibilities over time. Individuals in this practice generally work on multiple concurrent projects at a given time. This position will report to the DIAM solution team within Black & Veatch Management Consulting, LLC.
• Transfers knowledge, capabilities, and skills to improve others’ knowledge and skill level.
• Enhances established working relationships with team members and management from within the client’s organization.
• Contributes to quality review on own engagements.
• Ascertains and meets client expectations within scope of engagement role.
• Develops applicable knowledge bases by using best practices to redefine tools and techniques. Outlines specific performance measures, targets, and goals to articulate the business case for realized efficiencies or added value.
• Challenges client’s current strategy and direction through persuasive argument.
• Defines competitive advantage and achievable value to the client through use of the strategic change components and metrics.
• Formulates issue-based hypotheses and develops analytical plan for testing.
• Contributes to analysis of impact of strategic changes by defining linkages and inter-dependencies.
Industry Knowledge Capability:
• Utilizes specialized knowledge to produce moderately complex work products and solutions across many phases of an engagement or one phase of a more complex engagement.
• Applies appropriate methods or recognized equivalent to identified client needs.
• Anticipates and resolves technical problems with occasional technical assistance from others.
• Develops, presents, and defends conclusions, recommendations, and implementation plans.
• Contributes to quality reviews of assigned engagements.
• Identifies technical issues impacting an engagement and proposes solutions
• Analyzes and applies best practices knowledge of the industry.
• Leverages industry experience to develop new business in the area of DIAM and IA of novel technologies.
Project Management Capability
• Manages client expectations within defined scope of engagement.
• Recommends appropriate resources based on the phases of an assignment.
• Delegates work to assigned team members.
• Uses defined processes and practices in assessing engagement risks.
• Manages engagement issues in less complex projects or escalates issues in more complex projects.
• Virtual position based in the United States with the ability to travel up to 50%
Doctoral Degree in engineering, technical or scientific discipline relevant to high technology engineering and manufacturing in the energy or water sectors.
3 years of experience at a doctoral level in engineering, technical or scientific discipline relevant to high technology engineering and manufacturing in the energy or water sectors.
8 years of energy or water sector experience including manufacturing, engineering, product management and/or consulting in a high technology environment.
5 years of experience working with global clients and project teams in the energy or water sectors.
DIAM and/or new product, process and technology evaluation expertise in the energy or water sectors.
Ability to write, speak and read at a graduate degree level in English and Mandarin Chinese with native fluency in both languages.
Masters Degree in engineering, technical or scientific discipline relevant to high technology engineering and manufacturing in the energy or water sectors.
At least 7 years of experience in business and or consulting, including:
5 years of energy or water sector experience including manufacturing, engineering, product management and/or consulting in a high technology environment.
3 years of experience working with global clients and project teams in the energy or water sectors.
Ability to write, speak and read at a graduate degree level in English with native fluency
Ability to travel up to 50%
Applicants for this position must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States and with Black & Veatch Management Consulting (i.e., H1-B visa, F-1 visa (OPT), TN visa or any other non-immigrant status). All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Work Environment/Physical Demands
US-based Remote/Virtual with ability to travel up to 50%
Black & Veatch endeavors to makeaccessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process because of a disability, please contact the Employee Relations Department at (913) 458-2147. This contact information is fordisability accommodation requests only; you may not use this contact information to inquire about the status of applications. General inquiries about the status of applications will not be returned.
Black & Veatch is committed to being an employer of choice by creating a valuable work experience that keeps our people engaged, productive, safe and healthy.
Our comprehensive benefits portfolio is a key component of this commitment and offers an array of health care benefits including but not limited to medical, dental and vision insurances along with disability and a robust wellness program.
To support a healthy work-life balance, we offer flexible work schedules, paid vacation and holiday time, sick time, and dependent sick time.
A variety of additional benefits are available to our professionals, including a company-matched 401k plan, adoption reimbursement, tuition reimbursement, vendor discounts, an employment referral program, AD&D insurance, pre-taxed accounts, voluntary legal plan and the B&V Credit Union. Professionals may also be eligible for a performance-based bonus program.
We are proud to be a 100 percent ESOP-owned company. As employee-owners, our professionals are empowered to drive not only their personal growth, but the company's long-term achievements - and they share in the financial rewards of the success through stock ownership.
By valuing diverse voices and perspectives, we cultivate an authentically inclusive environment for professionals and are able to provide innovative and effective solutions for clients.
Black & Veatch Holding Company, its subsidiaries and its affiliated companies, complies with all Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) affirmative action laws and regulations. Black & Veatch does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender Identity and expression, disability, veteran status, pregnancy status or other status protected by law.
For our EEO Policy Statement, please click. If you’d like more information on your EEO rights under the law, please clickand.
Notice to External Search Firms: Black & Veatch partners with BountyJobs for contingency search business through outside firms. Resumes received outside the BountyJobs system will be considered unsolicited and Black & Veatch will not be obligated to pay a placement fee. If interested in learning more, please visitand register with our referral code: bv123. Once registered, Black & Veatch will have access to your contact information should we choose to engage your agency for future hiring needs.
Job Segment: Engineer, Manufacturing Engineer, Engineering
Black & Veatch
- Black & Veatch Jobs