EY Learning Quality Risk & Mitigation Program Specialist in Carson City, Nevada
Learning Quality Risk & Mitigation Program Specialist
Core Business Services
Requisition # UNI00GJ4
Post Date Nov 05, 2020
At EY, we are committed to helping our clients stay ahead of unprecedented change. In order to do that, we’ve transformed learning and development to enable you to become a leader that drives innovation, challenges the status quo and ultimately makes our world work better. Our Learning and Development team designs and delivers exceptional experiences to help develop our professionals to perform at their best, develop new skills that they need, and inspire themselves and those around them to be the leaders that they want to be.
Quality and risk mitigation in today’s environment is very different from the past, both in terms of internal expectations as well as ever-evolving regulatory expectations and environmental shifts. EY’s business is changing at lightning speed and issues facing our learning curriculum are frequently issues that we have never had to deal with before. In this role, you will build key relationships with various stakeholders across the organization as you provide cross-practice consultation and implementation expertise while primarily focused on the design, delivery and measurement of standards, tools and processes on a variety of quality and risk mitigation efforts across all learning programs that are delivered to U.S. Learners, and likely extended to learners outside of the U.S. You will be part of a dedicated team that is the centralized point of policy, controls, and process in carrying out and applying quality and risk mitigation standards across all learning programs, whether originating from the U.S. firm, across the Americas area, from global learning, or from vendors This is an opportunity to drive a new level of quality and risk mitigation across our entire portfolio of curriculum, ensuring that all learning provided by EY to our people meet our very high standards, and they are in line with our values, our culture and societal and environmental expectations.
You will support the implementation of key new policies, controls and processes relating to quality and risk mitigation activities for learning courses. You’ll be responsible for interpreting learning risk mitigation controls, required actions to standard and non-standard situations and making recommendations based on firm guidance, professional standards and acquired experience. You will be expected to analyze issues, perform quality control review of processes and produce deliverables to document the diligence which detect and prevent controls are implemented. policies. This role is part of a dedicated quality function to manage the quality and risk mitigation of the expansive learning curriculum whether originating from the U.S. firm, across the Americas area, from global learning, or from vendors.
· Act as a project manager for the Learning Quality & Risk Mitigation team with the implementation of quality standards and risk mitigation across all learning programs, including continues improvement initiatives
· Creates and develops learning risk mitigation project / program scope and schedules
· Plans and assigns resources to associate tasks and deliverables as appropriate
· May participate in the development and management of the budget
· Maintains project documentation
· Develops and maintains relationships with key stakeholders, internal clients and vendors
· Facilitates solutions across projects / programs requiring ongoing working relationships with key stakeholders
· Ability to identify key process improvements and work to establish efficient processes across multiple groups
· Understands and supports the project / program measurements, including the ability to do effective process analysis, report quality results, and work with operations to drive improvement
· Reviews and analyzes reports to identify variances or trends that should be brought to the attention of the team leader
Skills andattributes for success
We’re looking for someone who brings high levels of judgment and discretion in implementing and executing processes around abstract concepts referencing the firm’s requirements and direction (particularly in areas relating to the firm’s values, culture, behavior expectations, policies and societal/environmental factors and expectations). Also, gaining a full understanding of the learning lifecycle and then drawing on their knowledge and experience to suggest appropriate solutions and strategies. You will collaborate with stakeholders and leaders from various functions, including Risk Management, GCO, Talent, Independence, when processes and projects are discussed. You will need a broad perspective, mindset and ability to analyze issues and offer recommendations for review by key stakeholders. A full appreciation for the sensitive and often confidential nature of the work and related discussions is required. As a team member, you have the responsibility to support the adoption of the defined processes and procedures and that the objectives of the team are being met. Over time, the objectives may evolve as the environment and firm expectations evolve, in which case you will also help suggest and implement and execute new processes to meet those evolved expectations. Given these are new roles and a new function, flexibility and agility in role definition and role evolution is expected.
As a team member, you will be responsible for
· Independent decision-making skills
· Responding to or process escalated matters across learning risk mitigation and interpret and apply relevant firm policies and guidelines
· Create and implement timelines related to project deliverables, assign tasks and follow up on their completion and manage sponsor/client expectations of the outcomes of the deliverable
· Identifying points of contention for missed deliverables and create strategies to mitigate shortfalls in the timeline that missed or unexpected deliverables may create
· Apply considered and measured judgement to initial or escalated consultations or submission reviews and has an enhanced understanding of key requirements of learning risk mitigation policies
· Track and report on various metrics, including initiative compliance, impact and value to our business
· Use data visualization tools and technology to analyze, produce and display data and results
· Analyzing and utilizing data as an input to making effective decisions and recommendations as well as gaining insights and recognizing trends
To qualify for this role, you must have
· Strong knowledge of EY organization, intersections, and services (i.e. the business)
· Strong understanding of risk controls and risk related activities
· In-depth experience and knowledge of project management and organization skills
· Good appreciation for, and understanding of, EY’s values, D&I guidelines, societal expectations, environmental sensitives
· Strong written and oral communication skills and collaboration skills – this role will be interacting with senior leaders on a variety of issues
· Strong initiative to find solutions to evolving business problems and needs
· Collaborative with the ability to work with a wide variety of stakeholders at all levels across EY
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
· 5-7 years of progressive work experience
Ideally, you’ll also have
· Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint) and data analytics tools (Power BI, Power Query, etc)
· Strong analytical skills to grasp complexities and perceive relationships among problems and issues
· Developing knowledge of change management principles
Whatwe look for
We are looking for individuals that have a strong business acumen and personal leadership. Innovative, creative thinkers who are strategic, collaborative and consultative and who can bring a fresh perspective will thrive in this environment
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, both pension and 401(k) plans, a minimum of 18 days of paid time off with additional time based on your level and years of service plus 12 observed holidays, and a range of programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being.Plus, we offer:
· Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues in the industry
Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a waythat’s right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we hire and develop the most passionate people in their field to help build a better working world. This starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. So that whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
If you can confidently demonstratethat you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a betterworking world. Apply now.
EY provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
- EY Jobs